At what age do you think you stop enjoying a good ol' fashioned popsicle stick? Well, my dad is 60 years old and he still gets giddy when he knows popsicles are in the freezer, so I guess the answer to that question would be - NEVER! You're never too old to enjoy that which brings out the kid in you!
Today, I'm delighted to bring you these really easy, healthy, and very pretty lollies made with simple ingredients that's sure to refresh your senses, cool your body down and have you grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat.
My little niece calls them lollies, so we're going to call them lollies - these cucumber & lemon lollies are really, really yummy, you can lick your way to the center or just take a bite revealing the cucumber slices inside -whatever mood you're in, these lollies are sure to please.
- 1 cup organic cucumber; sliced or julienned
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 cups cold water
- Slice lemon in half and squeeze it over a strainer into 2 cups of cold water.
- Sweeten lemon water to taste with Stevia; add as many drops as desired.
- Fill popsicle molds 2/3 with lemonade. Freeze uncovered for about 1 hour.
- Take pops out of freezer. Scrape and stir any ice crystals that have formed.
- Add a spoonful of the sliced/julienned cucumber to the pop molds. Be sure to leave a tiny bit of room at the top of your popsicle mold so they don't overflow when you add the stick.
- With a popsicle stick or a butter knife, press the cucumber into the mixture so it is evenly distributed. Add your popsicle sticks, freeze pops for another 3-4 hours until solid. Then take out and enjoy!