Thursday, July 11, 2013

3-Day Suja Juice Cleanse Review

 Photo Courtesy: sensiblysharp.com


Recently, I had the great opportunity to try a juice cleanse; one I haven't ever tried before called Suja Juice.  I felt like I needed it.  My system wasn't functioning very well and I started to feel really tired all the time and sluggish in my colon.  I knew that in order to get my body back to normal that a juice cleanse was the answer.  For all you newbies out there, I just want to give you a heads up about juicing a.k.a. cleaning and/or detoxing - it's neither a luxury or an indulgence but more of a maintenance protocol.  It's like getting your car washed & cleaned for your insides.  A cleanse helps your body run better, feel healthier and look younger.  No lie!  Cleansing rituals have such tremendously renewing benefits, you won't understand it unless you've experienced it.

During the duration of my juice cleanse (3 days in this case) I was supposed to ease my digestive system away from solid food and to replace my regular meals with organic, cold-pressed juices.  Have you ever fasted from food before?  It's not easy.  But if you drink nothing but healthy, cold-pressed, clean and organic juices for 3 days, 5 days, or even 7 days (your choice) your body goes through this amazing transformation on the inside.  Toxins that are building up get released, your cells start renewing themselves, your colon gets cleansed out (spring cleaning for the colon, whoo-hoo) and your organs begin to run better - the change is sensational for your overall health.  

Toxins are very damaging; more so than you're willing to acknowledge.  Just because you may not be feeling icky right now (like I was) doesn't mean your body isn't bombarded with toxins.  Funny thing about toxins is they lay low building and building inside you until your body can't take it anymore and then all of sudden you start noticing these negative changes taking place; feeling sick, fatigue, dark circles under your eyes, insomnia, acne, hormonal imbalance, headaches, sugar cravings, mood changes, etc.  At that point, those toxins have no way of escaping so they use your skin to let out their poison.  This is what's called a toxic overload. 

The Suja Juice Cleanse is a sensational way to cleanse your internal home and reset your body back into healthy mode.  Suja gets you cleaner, lighter, feeling more energized and with a clearer more focused body and mind.  It's so worth it.  

If you're a baby juicer (never juice cleansed before) or if you're an experienced pro it doesn't matter.  These juices will not boggle you down or interrupt your day.  Start slow and you'll feel amazing day-in and day-out.  Suja's juices are cold-pressed fruit and vegetable juices that are organic and pesticide-free.  They even offer a sweet little "dessert" cleanse at the end.  It supplies the body with essential vitamins, minerals and enzymes to flush out waste and bring back that lost energy those toxins stole from you. 


Juice Package Includes

The package includes 6 bottles of raw organic juices: Glow, Fuel, Purify, Fiji, Green Supreme and Vanilla Cloud.
  • Glow: green apple, cucumber, celery, collards, spinach, kale, spearmint
  • Fuel: carrot, apple, pineapple, orange, lemon, turmeric
  • Purify: carrot, apple, celery, cucumber, lemon, beet
  • Fiji: apple, celery, cucumber, spinach, kale, collard greens, lemon, ginger
  • Green Supreme: kale, green apple, lemon
  • Vanilla Cloud: almond milk, coconut milk, vanilla bean, honey, filtered water

My Experience

Day 1:  I found day one to be pretty easy breezy.  I did not crave anything but my juice.  I had 2 bottles my first day and was satisfied, I had energy and felt happy. I was so toxic as it was that skipping food my first day was nothing I missed.

Day 2:  My second day was a bit of a challenge, I woke up hungry so I listened to my body a decided not to have any solid food and erase my first day of cleansing but just to have a handful of healthy snacks.  So I reached for some pumpkin seeds and medjool dates and felt a whole lot better.  Then drank my first juice fo the day and was again, feeling better as the day progressed.  I did not eat anything else either. 

Day 3:  By the third and final day, I was craving more juice, oddly enough, I started to feel really good about the ugly food I had eliminated in just 2 days prior and I saw how much of a difference it made for me.  I was more regular, I felt cleaner inside, I had flushed out waste that was locked inside my colon.  It was a great, great feeling of accomplishment.  The juices were tasteful and kept me full since they were a pretty big size of 16oz.   

After cleansing

Your body has been hard at work resting your digestive tract. You want to ease it back into its normal function by introducing gentle foods first. Your first meals should be smoothies, soups, salads, and veggies, or lighter proteins like beans or steamed fish. With each meal, gradually re-introduce heavier foods one at a time to give your body a chance to catch up. Be mindful and carry the way you feel after your cleanse into your everyday life by making wiser food choices going forward.


Final Thoughts

Realize that, toxins are in the food you eat, the environment, the dirty air you breathe, etc.  It's everywhere, so if you start to feel a little off or really run down, take the opportunity to hear your body out.  When our stomachs are constantly working to digest food and never gets a change to rest, it can really take a huge toll on us.  So, use the time you have to start a healthy and invigorating juice cleanse from Suja Juices and bring your body back into harmony.  You'll be so thankful you did!


Happy Cleansing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your love....