Monday, March 31, 2014

Raw Raspberry Coconut Cream and Raspberry Mint Heartsicles


I can't think of a better way to spruce up an ordinary popsicle stick than with lovely dovey heart shapes.  Cute and portion friendly, these are a big hit with my niece (obviously) and for all those creative minded folk.

I've had these heart-shaped ice cream molds in my cupboard for about a week and haven't even tried to spread the popsicle love in my kitchen yet, until today.  Today was the perfect weather day - my flip flops were out and the farmer's market was calling my name.  Fresh raspberries caught my eye and some young Thai coconuts too, so after a few hours of almost buying everything in sight, I jetted back home to get started on my heart-sicles.

The raspberry coconut cream ones are my favorite, you get two flavors in one, then you plop in a few chunks of raspberries, freeze and enjoy fresh organic fruit each time you bite into it.  Go ahead, rip it with your teeth like a monster - no never mind, that's just weird. 


Here's a little raspberry education:

Raspberries contain high levels of assorted vitamins and minerals needed for a healthy body.  Vitamins like, potassium, calcium, vitamin C, lutein and zeaxanthin (to help keep eyes bright, beautiful and healthy).  Plus, raspberries are powerful inflammation fighters and antioxidant potent buggers, aiding in the alleviation of arthritis, gout and cancer.  It not just good looks with this fruit, she's got brains too. 


These heartsicles make me feel like a kid again.  They're fun to eat and easy to whip up, all you need is a high-speed blender and in 5-10 minutes you're done.  Then it's all about the waiting game (tick tock, tick tock) and sneaking peeks into the freezer praying the ice pops are ready.  Um, are you done yet?


A few hours later the heartsicles are ready, I can hardly contain my excitement.  I venture out on my balcony to enjoy my fruit stick and the warmth of the day.  So yummy....

Raspberry Coconut Cream Heartsicles

Ingredients:

2 cups frozen raspberries
1/2 cup young Thai coconut meat (or 1 can of coconut milk)
1 cup coconut water from young Thai coconut (omit this step if using a can of coconut milk instead)
1/4 cup raw cane sugar or any other sweetener you prefer

Directions:

Blend coconut meat, coconut water, and raw cane sugar (or sweetener of your choice) in high-speed blender until very, very smooth and no speckles of coconut can be seen.  Get out your heart-shaped ice cream molds and place a few pieces of frozen raspberries into the molds first, leaving room for the cream filling, then fill the molds with the coconut cream.  Set in freezer either overnight or for 3 hours, then take them out when ready and enjoy.

Raspberry Mint Heartsicles

Ingredients:

2 cups frozen raspberries
1/2 cup fresh mint
2 TBS. raw honey


Directions:

Blend everything in high-speed blender and fill molds with mixture, set in freezer overnight, when ready, take out and enjoy with big, big smile on your face.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your love....