Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Roundup of Organic & Natural March Essentials


I've been experimenting like a mad scientist this month with a few new beauty finds.  Some of these products I've heard of through the beauty grapevine, and others I've taken chances on and thankfully have not regretted purchasing.  So, now that March is almost over and warmer weather is around the corner -at least for us Georgians, my way of bidding this month a final farewell is with my march madness beauty essentials.

I've used these 6 must-haves everyday for a month, just so I could see for myself why so many people gave them such rave reviews, and now here's my personal feedback.....

1.   MUN No.1 Aknari Nighttime Dream Youth Serum - I can't gush about this nighttime serum enough, it is every bit as magnificent and sublime as mentioned in feedback.  This serum only contains 3 ingredients; Prickly Pear, Bulgarian Rose and Argan Oil - that's it.  Nothing more is needed when you sleep to regenerate and improve the skin.  In my opinion, the main winner here is the prickly pear.  Why?  It's because this is what brightens dark circles, evens out skin tone and reduces hyperpigmentation, while you're snoozing away.  It's just a phenomenal nighttime skincare buddy!

2.  Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation - Non-toxic makeup is so very sexy to me, and this brand is super duper sexy.  I love that I can wear this all day and never have to worry about clogged pores, breakouts due to an ingredient called dimethicone, which blocks pores from breathing, or allergic reactions.  You can wear it sheer, if your skin is already in great condition and you don't want that heavy look, or you can build the coverage you want if you're trying to cover something up, without that obvious line of demarcation from your chin to your neck, am I right?  This one's a keeper.  Made with certified organic ingredients and is gluten-free.  Love it!

3.  Tata Harper Love Potion - Do you remember that movie from the early 90's, Love Potion No. 9, with Sandra Bullock and Tate Donavon?  It's about a special elixir that makes people of the opposite sex become completely infatuated with you.  Well, this perfume reminds me of that same notion, but in a slightly different direction.  With a blend of 10 of the world's most potent aphrodisiac essential oils, each time you spray the sides of your neck, or pulse points (inside wrists and over the heart) you will stimulate the senses, heighten sensuality and immediately inspire an inner sense of beauty and confidence - liquid love, if you will.  It's all organic and smells so beautiful and light. I haven't been able to put it down yet. 

4.  Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Treatment Mask -It's no secret that Manuka honey is a natural treasure for health and beauty, praised for its antibiotic properties.  I use Manuka Honey in tea almost every other day, it soothes a sore throat, kills bacteria and toxins and heals many different ailments.  Besides taking it internally, I'm a big fan of using it topically, especially for curing acne spots and blemishes and reducing inflammation from those cystic acne nightmares.  This mask is all organic and even has the ever popular and fragrant vanilla bean pod added in.  I can safely use this mask around 3x per week and never worry about over-drying my face, it's wonderful and so naturally brilliant. 

5.  Personalized Stainless Steel Tumbler -  I'm always taking hot tea or cold vegetable juices with me to work and this BPA free travel companion with banded rhinestones, I can do just that and look stylish at the same time.  This caught my eye when a colleague of mine brought hers to the office, she had her name engraved on it and everything, it was just too cute to not notice, so after getting one for myself, I just had to rave about it.  Looks even more glamorous in person!

6.  Real Silver Plated Birch Tree Leaf Earrings -  These aren't just any leaf earrings, they're the real deal.  Actual real birch tree leaves that have been plated with silver so they retain their original shape.  It's made by using a very special process that removes the leaf but still retains the veins before the silver is added, they're so unique and beautifully created, I just loved them.  I've gotten tones of compliments on these handmade creations, they look just like they are pictured, gorg!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to look at more organic products - great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, appreciate your comment. Investing in organic products is money well spent, I think you'll soon find that out :)

      Delete

Share your love....