Sunday, April 13, 2014

Creamy Dreamy Raw Chocolatey Mousse


When I was a kid I couldn't keep my hands off my mom's chocolate mousse.  Every Sunday she'd make a big bowl of it and leave it in the fridge until after dinner.  But I could never wait.  I was like a little spy, scoping the area, watching and anticipating on her to exit the kitchen long enough for me to dig into it a bit.  Then I'd walk past her with traces of my crime all over my face and she would just give me this look.  But that's how good it was. 

Over the years, I still continue to enjoy this dessert minus the unnecessary ingredients, like no sugar and no dairy.  I've learned how to turn an old goody into a new goody -  healthier and more nutritious than ever.  By substituting white table sugar for a sweetness that comes from mother nature, and replacing milk with a dairy-free option, you can transform any dessert into one that's good enough to savor even during the breakfast hour.  

Now who's the one with their fingers in my chocolate mousse? (MOM)

The Goodness of Raw Cacao Powder


Raw cacao powder is full of flavonoids, which act as natural antioxidants.  Antioxidants protect the body from aging and disease caused by free radical damage.  Raw cacao is very rich in magnesium (which supplies the body with energy and necessary electrolytes), sulfur (essential for healthy hair, skin and nails) and supports the liver and pancreas.  It also aids the immune system and helps to regulate blood pressure.  There's no end to what raw cacao can do for you.


Ingredients: 

Directions:

    1. Add dates to food processor and process until the dates become a smooth paste.
    2. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.
    3. Put into the fridge or freezer to chill for 2-3 hours.
    4. Enjoy your chocolate mousse.
     
     Go ahead lick the spoon clean, no one's watching.
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your love....