Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Best Mineral Finishing Powder


Shine!  I love it in my hair but not on my face.  I'm not the type of gal who carries around her makeup bag.  Once I "paint my face" at home, I usually only need a few touch-up essentials throughout the day : lip gloss, mascara and finishing powder, that's it.  I prefer to keep my look simple and natural without having to lug around my cosmetics like a carry on bag. 

My choice of lip stains are usually Hurraw's Tinted Lip Balm in Black Cherry; gives this tingling cinnamon sensation to lips and is made with cold-pressed oils and raw ingredients so it's healthy and comfortable to wear, even tastes good.  For something more daring I like Colorganics Earth Tinted Lip Tint, it's made with Jojoba, Castor and Hemp Seed oils.  Lends a bold pop of color just like lipstick minus the toxins. 

But I've noticed that after about 5-6 hours my face tends to get shiny around the T-zone area (forehead, nose, chin).  To balance that out and give my skin what it needs where it needs it, I use a mineral based powder like Sally B's Skin Yummies Get Even Finishing Powder to erase the oily, shiny, unattractive look and give my skin a more matte finish.   It's organic, safe and non-irritating, free of parabens and toxins like Bismuth Oxychloride, which is an allergy causing ingredient present in other mineral makeup brands like Bare Minerals. 

If you're a fan or an ex-fan of Bare Minerals, you may already be privy to B.M's uses of this very toxic ingredient.  My first experience with this makeup was in 2007.  I was so elated with "minerals", I couldn't wait to put it on.   But it caused my skin to go into this red, itchy, inflamed hysteria.  I had no clue what was causing the reaction (I wasn't ingredient savvy back then), all I knew was that I had to wash this stuff off immediately.  The days that followed were focused on treating and healing my broken complexion (thanks Bare Minerals). 

Well, the great news is someone finally got it right.  Sally B's powder is superb, and the only other makeup line I can say that about is RMS BEAUTY, other than that, there aren't many that can ring my organic bell like this one.  This mineral powder creates a sheer, smoothed finish that enhances your skin's natural glow by removing oily shine, fine lines and pore size.  It's the perfect tag-along buddy, and makes for excellent touch-ups too.

I guess when one make up brand offends you, another one helps you GET EVEN! Hallelujah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your love....