Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Apricot Whip Moisturizer


The smell of fresh-from-the-tree sweet apricots found at my local farmer's market always reminds me of the summer.  I love the way the golden-orange color pops out from a crowded fruit emporium and the way the juicy sun-ripened fragrance tickles my nose right after that first bite.  But, besides being insanely delicious and indicative of summer, apricots also are a wonderful treatment for the skin.  My latest gush is reserved for this heavenly scented light and frothy moisturizer by Eminence called, The Apricot Whip.  

My skin is usually in the comb fazes, but during the colder season it can get pretty dry.  On those occasions I keep a jar of this organic moisturizer near by, just in case of emergencies, and it works so beautifully.  The smell is out of this world, so pure and natural and sooooooo apricot-y.  I hate heavy creams, in fact, I've always been more of a serum type gal, but lately, I've been convinced by this airy goodness and my skin hasn't complained once (thank goodness, she can get quite cranky on me).

Why are apricots so great for the skin?  Great question.  Here's what I found out:


If you have dry skin, apricots (which are very high in beta-carotene, A,B and C vitamins) will soften the surface and get deep inside the dermis to really sooth and comfort where the dryness starts.  Apricots are also super fantastic for getting rid of fine lines and small wrinkles by eliminating the damaged surface cells from the skin.  In addition, apricots help in maintaining skin clarity, suppleness and elasticity.  That's a whole lotta love for your skin from just one itty bitty fruit, wouldn't you agree?

I use it, not only on my face, but elbows, knees, hands, neck and chest area too, anywhere I want extra moisture.  I've been a long time fan of Eminence ever since their Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment, talk about making blemishes disappear, wow!  But now with the Apricot Whip, I'm equally enamored.   At first glance, it may appear thick and heavy, but believe me, it's anything but that, all you feel as your fingertips grace the top of this cream is softness and lightness that goes on just the same way over your face.  Apply it and right away your skin receives this delightful vitamin-bath and instantly starts to glow. 

If you're more on the oily side, I wouldn't recommend this as your go-to moisturizer.  But dry and normal skin types can take full advantage.  Besides apricots, you'll also find carrots, ester-c, vitamin e, Coq10 and alpha lipoic acid inside - yum!

Love it!



Photo Credit: Aetheriaspa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your love....