Monday, April 1, 2013

Giving Hair the Raw ReBoot + Sea Veggies for a Changed Mane


Raw Hair Care? Huh? What a weird concept.  I'll admit I was a teency bit standoff-ish at first when I heard the claims of this shampoo & conditioner combo.  It's supposed to be better for my hair than using the regular name-brand variety?  But I hear it doesn't sud up and I was used to suds.  "Suds is what gets your hair clean", I thought as I scratched my itchy scalp for the last time. 

Well, I was already a big fan of the other products from the Body Deli line, like the skin care and the body care delicacy's, so why not try the hair care set too right?  It's not like my hair was going to get any worse - not unless it fell out completely and I knew that wasn't going to happen ( my hair is as thick as wool ).  So off I went on a fun journey to see why this new raw and vegan hair cleanser and conditioner was going to change my view about my regular high-end brand - the ones I just tossed in the trash like a NBA basketball pro (Michael Jordan would be so proud).  I was serious about fixing my itchy scalp and dry hair issues.

The first difference I noticed with this new shampoo and conditioner was the no-sud factor.  Only chemical shampoos produce that huge foam.  Truly natural shampoos won't because they have eliminated the need for sulfates - a toxic ingredient used in car wash solutions, dish soap and household cleaning agents and a whole array of other stuff.  Plus, sulfates steal the life out of your hair.  It leaves it dry, brittle, damaged and looking like a wicker-basket.  Come on, that's not attractive.  And if you color-treat your hair, forget it, it's even worse, it's like washing every penny you spent at that fancy salon right down the shower drain.  Say bye-bye!  Sulfates will fade your color faster and strip it of its much needed moisture.

Suds = Bad!

Living Hair Shampoo won't do that.  It actually does everything good for your hair, everything it craves, needs and wants is giving to it - it's like this shampoo is the hair whisperer (yeah, cheesy, but so true).  No more itchiness, no more flakes, no more irritation.  And yes, it takes some time to get used too.  Like anything, change doesn't always come easy for some of us.  But when you see how great the health of your hair becomes and how well it responds to these new products, you won't even miss your old foamy whatchamacallit anymore.  And you'll be comforted in the knowledge that you're also doing your health a world of good too.  Ahhh! There's always a silver lining.

Here's what's inside the shampoo:

FRESH INGREDIENTS: *Aloe Vera Juice, Antioxidant Micro-Clustered Water, Decyl Polyglucose (Corn Sugar Derived Surfactant), Sea Salt, *Shea Butter, Pro-Vitamin B5, Vegetable Glycerin, *Barley Grass Juice, *Oat Grass Juice, *Wheat Grass Juice, *Dandelion Leaf Juice, *Kale Juice, *Spinach Juice, *Carob Pod, *Maca Root, Spirulina, Kelp, Chlorella, Icelandic Kelp, Dulse, Nori, Bladderwrack, Papain, Bromelain, *Chamomile, *Calendula, *Yarrow, *Horsetail, *Comfrey, *Yucca, *Melissa, *Oat Protein, *Carrot Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, *Lecithin, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Essential Oils of *Rosemary, *Peppermint, *Spearmint, Lemon Verbena, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate.

Your hair will get thicker, stronger, and more radiant.  No sud performing shampoo can make that happen.

But let's not forget the Conditioner.  Oh Boy!  This one is my favorite.  I have tons of hair, it's long, thick and coarse and I love getting to step 2 of my hair cleansing process.  It smells so clean, pure and alive - I add a few pumps of it to my hair and scalp and let it sit there while I finish my shower, 5 minutes is great, as it works to soften and detangle and coat the hair with all things raw and organic.

Here's what's inside the conditioner:

FRESH INGREDIENTS: *Aloe Vera Juice, Antioxidant Micro-Clustered Water, Sea Salt, *Shea Butter, Pro-Vitamin B5, Vegetable Glycerin, Cetearyl Olivate and Sorbitan Olivate (Olive Oil Emulsifier), *Barley Grass Juice, *Oat Grass Juice, *Wheat Grass Juice, *Dandelion Leaf Juice, *Kale Juice, *Spinach Juice, *Carob Pod, Spirulina, Kelp, Chlorella, Icelandic Kelp, Dulse, Nori, Bladderwrack, Papain, Bromelain, *Chamomile, Goji Berry, *Calendula, *Yarrow, *Horsetail, *Comfrey, *Yucca, *Melissa, *Oat Protein, *Carrot Seed Oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, *Lecithin, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Essential Oils of *Roman Chamomile, *Blood Orange, *Ylang-Ylang, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate.

Lastly,  even though it makes a big difference to change your hair care to something natural and sulfate free, it makes an even bigger difference to feed your hair from the inside too.   Potent Sea Vegetables is a great addition to seeing a positive change in the health of your hair because when you're body is mineral deficient, it can really wreck havoc on your hair.  With this you get the minerals your hair needs, ingredients like: Kombu, Rockweed, Arame, Dulse, Sea lettuce. 

So these are my 3 new loves.  Give it a month and you'll see the same great effect, longer use will have you spreading the great news just like I am!  In the meantime....

Stay Beautiful + Ingredient Savvy

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your love....